Were you affected by testerdays wild weather?
Freezing, wild weather hits Victoria http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/freezing-wild-weather-hits-victoria/story-fni0fit3-1226964010343
What must you do when you make a claim?
Insurers are generally looking for the following basic information to initiate a claim:
- Policy Number :
- Name Of Insured:
- Extent of damage :(please be as detailed as possible including estimated $ amount.)
- Further action: (i.e. do you need an adjuster/builder/restoration specialist, or do you have your own repairer?)
Insured Contact Details:
Most Insurers always ask that the Insured lodge the claim as soon as possible and then forward invoices on receipt. Check with us first.
1. You must make your claim as soon as possible after you suffer a loss. Undue delays may prejudice your insurer by escalating the amount of the claim, incurring unnecessary legal costs or preventing any recovery action against third parties.
2. You must also:
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss from occurring.
- Advise the nearest police station if your property is lost or stolen, vandalised or maliciously damaged. Your insurer may ask for a written report from the police.
- Keep the property that has been damaged so that it may be inspected if required.
- Tell us about any prosecution or inquest that may be held.
- Send us any document relating to your claim within 72 hours of you receiving the document.