How do I make an insurance claim?
Simply contact us
Please call Riviera Insurance services Pty Ltd when something happens that you believe will result in a claim being made.
Our office hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and we will discuss the incident with you.
Outside business hours please contact Bob Weatherill on 0408 274 532.
What must you do when you make a claim?
Insurers are generally looking for the following basic information to initiate a claim:
- Policy Number :
- Name Of Insured:
- Extent of damage :(please be as detailed as possible including estimated $ amount.)
- Further action: (i.e. do you need an adjuster/builder/restoration specialist, or do you have your own repairer?)
Insured Contact Details:
Most Insurers always ask that the Insured lodge the claim as soon as possible and then forward invoices on receipt. Check with us first.
1. You must make your claim as soon as possible after you suffer a loss. Undue delays may prejudice your insurer by escalating the amount of the claim, incurring unnecessary legal costs or preventing any recovery action against third parties.
2. You must also:
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss from occurring.
- Advise the nearest police station if your property is lost or stolen, vandalised or maliciously damaged. Your insurer may ask for a written report from the police.
- Keep the property that has been damaged so that it may be inspected if required.
- Tell us about any prosecution or inquest that may be held.
- Send us any document relating to your claim within 72 hours of you receiving the document.
3. In relation to the Goods and Services Tax (GST), you must provide information, where requested. It is important that you provide us with:
- Your Australian Business Number (ABN) if applicable.
- Whether or not you are registered for GST.
- The amount of input tax credit you have claimed on the GST applicable on the premium.
If you do not give us all the information we ask for, it may affect the amount paid for your claim.